Thursday, December 1, 2011

SynchroDestiny in Action

Last June a woman read my article in Positive Life magazine, whereby I share my experience of synchronicity. She entered the competition to win my book, The Lingerie Designer, by penning a story of her own. Some time later, she received a parcel in the post. It was my book - she had won the competition and her article would be published in the next edition of Positive Life.
She decided to contact me about my work with The Chopra Centre, and enquire about a workshop I was running in September. She signed up, came to Dublin for the weekend and learnt Primordial Sound Meditation and Ayurvedic Lifestyle, Perfect Health. While on a break from class she wandered into Nourish on Wicklow street, where she saw a copy of Positive life - with her article in print. Her first article and here she was reading it while on The Perfect Health weekend. Well, I'll let her tell you the rest of the story, herself. Below is an email Suzi sent me earlier this week. She is happy that I share it with whoever comes across this blog. It is inspiring in a truly challenging time. I'm looking forward to having Suzi, not only as a student but as a Chopra centre colleague. I'm very proud of her and how she's following her dream through proactive action as oppose to staying stuck in fear. Best of luck on your new path, Suzi - Go For It!

Hi Siobhan, Natalia & Pauline
(if you have any emails for the other ladies we shared perfect health with I am happy if you can send on this email to them.)
Well, I really want to share with you how Seduction of Spirit went in Oct. I have to say it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life.
I was really glad that I had been meditating every day for a few weeks before as the first day of the course when we meditated as a group of 300 was pretty special,
hard to describe with words but very powerful. As the week went on it got better and better, the dawn sessions as the sun came up were magical and I gained a lot of insight into myself over the week.
I even had a personal chat with Deepak one morning when I was going through some stuff that I was unsure about, he is such an incredible man, he was very kind and he listened and spoke to me. He said the exact words I needed to hear.....Let it Be.
I made lots of lovely friends and we are all still in contact through Google Groups and Facebook, by the end of the week, I knew what I needed to do when I got home.
I'm not sure if you remember, but when I found myself sitting amongst you all in Dublin, I was so fed up with my job and could not see a way out as I have been our main source of income for the last 7 years, the last 2 have been challenging as I've worked twice as hard for half the salary and stopped enjoying the job, I felt stuck and had no energy, I could not see a way out.
I noticed that when I started meditating things got better, I was able to get lots more done, felt happier and things just seemed to flow effortlessly......Then I left for San Diego feeling better but with no plan as such.
When I returned, I had a clear idea of what I needed to do next, I spoke to my husband and said I can't do it anymore, I am going to close business and I want to sign up for the Teachers Path at the Chopra University. Poor man! well I 'm the lucky one as ...He is supporting me, so I was able to go for it!
Initially I was thinking of the Meditation and Perfect Health Course and then decided that if I was taking a year off I would fully embrace all 3 aspects so I'm taking the Yoga as well, so I'm training to become a Vedic Master. I'm now waiting for my teachers packs to arrive as I wind down my business. I feel like I've been set free, the tightness across my back is gone and although I'm not sure where this will take me, I know it is what I need to do. I am thinking of it as a way to deepen my experience and then who knows?......there are infinite possibililities!
I am also glad to tell you that both my husband and I are going out to California for the last Synchrodestiny with Deepak in Feb. Its his birthday and I really want him to meet the amazing people that work at the Chopra Centre so when I go there 5 more times in the next 12 months he has met the people and seen the place and will know I'm in good hands. I also think it will be an opportunity of a lifetime for us as a couple.
So ladies, there it is, I would never have thought in a million years that going to Dublin in Sept to learn meditation would have had such a profound effect on my life!....but it has, I continue to meditate twice a day and love it. I hope you are all continuing with your practice and reeping the benefits!
I would love to hear from you, to see how the last few months have been for you and if any of you are thinking of attending any of the Chopra events I would say.....GO FOR IT!
Namaste,
Suzi

No comments: